Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I have a plan

Game-development-related posts will come later! Right now it's time for a scheme I have cooked up.
If you're not familiar with Team Fortress 2, this might not interest you. If the former is true and you're still interested, there's a wiki right here that can clear things up.

According to the TF2 wiki, Every series #22 crate, "Refreshing Summer Cooler," expired on 11 July, 2011 and was removed from player's backpacks.

But I know that there is at least one player who still has one.

I don't know if they're willing to entertain my plan, but I sincerely hope that they will, and not try to gouge me on a price when there's no guarantee that this will work. Here's the plan: I fear that if they should launch TF2, it will detect the item and delete it. IF I can contact them before they do that, we might be able to trade it over Steam. According to the plan, I will have TF2 already open, so that it will not immediately disappear from MY inventory. If it does not get deleted immediately once I click on the "new items" notice, then I should be able to gift wrap it and store it in my inventory indefinitely in that state. All crates should be gift-wrappable...

There are numerous places where this could fail. If it works, I could be the only person on the entire planet to have a stable series #22 crate! The only other crate I'm missing is Series #6, the Festive Winter Crate, which had a similar expiration condition. My goal is to get one of every possible item. If I can get one that should be impossible... well! That alone is practically boastworthy. Not that I'm one to boast. Wish me luck!

No comments: